Offered in this lot is a rare Shaw & Powell Camping bowl. Founded in 1898 by Amos Shaw and John D. Powell, the Shaw & Powell Camping Company operated movable tent camps in Yellowstone National Park. By 1913, the company was granted permission to establish permanent camps throughout the park. This bowl would have been used at one of these permanent camp locations. By 1916, the company merged with Wylie Camps and closed many camps. The bowl was made by Burley & Company Hotel dept. Chicago. The bowl is in very good condition, with slight wear from use but no signs of damage. The base of the bowl measures 3 1/2" and the top of the bowl is 5 3/4" and the bowl is 2 1/2" tall.